A personal My Erewash account enables you to:
- Tell us about a change of address
- Submit a NEW claim for Housing Benefit and/or Council Tax Support
- Report a benefit change of circumstance (including change of address)
- Submit an application for a Council Tax Discounts or Exemptions
- Submit a number of other requests/forms for Council Tax, Benefits and other Council services which you will be able to track
- Get answers to your frequently asked questions about many of our services
- View personalised information about your Council Tax live account such as your balance and when your next payment is due, as well as make a payment online
- View personalised information about a live Housing Benefit/Council Tax Support claim, including when your next payment is due and how your entitlement has been calculated
- Access our services 24/7 and track the progress of any forms/applications submitted
- Read our Privacy Notice. On every form we provide you with the link to our Privacy Notice
- Get information about what happens if you get behind with your Council Tax payments
If you registered for an online account prior to August 2018 you will need to re-register for this updated version of My Erewash.
A My Erewash account is for personal users only. Landlords, 3rd Parties such as Support Workers and Businesses cannot currently register for an account. Landlords/Support Workers should only create accounts with their tenant's/client's permission and should only use the tenant's/client's personal email address.
You'll need your own personal email address AND a valid postcode.
If you don't have an email address this BBC webwise guidee explains what an email address is, and will help you set up an account. If you need any further assistance you can come into one of our Town Halls and a member of staff will help you.
Once you've set up your email account, you'll be able to create and activate your My Erewash account.
We collect personal data that you provide to us when you register for an online account, by registering with us online either in relation to your account or a specific service you consent that Erewash Borough Council may process the personal data that we collect from you in accordance with this privacy notice.
In general we will hold your personal data for the purpose of maintaining and operating your account or registration and will use your personal information:
For the purpose you provided the information for
To verify your entitlement to access the services you have requested, e.g verification of your residence in the borough
Where you give specific consent to allow us to be able to communicate and provide information about services appropriate to your needs.
We will retain your information for the period necessary to fulfil the relevant purpose for which it is held and we will also retain any external verification so long as it remains accurate, based on the information you provide. This will allow us to reuse that information when you register for additional services
Please read the council's full Privacy Notice.
Creating an account is easy and takes a couple of minutes. All you need is to follow these simple steps:
- click on the 'Register' option on the menu to the right or Register here
- enter your personal details (including a valid postcode) and set a password
- click 'Submit'
- you'll receive an email to activate your account – click the link in the email (this will expire after 24 hours)
- your account is now activated
- sign in using your email address and the password you created during the registration process
Alternatively, you could use an existing social media account such as Facebook or Google to authenticate yourself (we will not have access to any of your personal information).
Landlords/Support Workers can help their tenants or clients create an online account but MUST NOT create an account without the tenant's/client's knowledge. The account must be created with the tenant's/client's own personal email address as we will communicate directly with them via their account and email prompts will be sent. Landlords should then liaise directly with their tenant and should not log into the tenant's account as this would be a breach of Data Protection regulations.
Keep checking this page as we hope to introduce a Landlord Portal later this year. You will then be able to view information such as Housing Benefit payments made to you and be able to submit details of any tenancy changes etc.
If you're a resident of Erewash Borough Council, you can link your Council Tax account to your account to view personalised information. You must have your council tax account reference number and your account must be 'live'. Just click on ‘Register’ and complete the required information.
- click on the Council Tax option in ‘Get answers fast’
- enter your surname, account number (this can be found on your bill and begins 200*), house number and postcode
- click on Link account
You are now registered to view information about payments made or due, balance, method of payment etc.
If you're a resident of Erewash Borough Council, you can link your Benefit claim to your account to view personalised information. You must have your benefit claim reference and your claim must be 'live'. Just click on ‘Register’ and complete the required information.
- click on the Benefits option in ‘Get answers fast’
- enter your surname, house number, postcode, claim reference (this can be found on any benefit letters) and National Insurance number
- click on Personalise
You are now registered to view your weekly award, how your award has been calculated, when your next payment is due, the balance of any overpayments etc
No, you don't have to live in the area. If you live outside the borough you can still create a My Erewash account. This may be useful if you own another property in our area.
If you don't receive an email to allow you to activate your account, check that the email hasn't gone directly into your 'junk' or 'spam' folder. If not, click on 'Sign In' and enter the email address and password used to register. You'll get an error message, however this will prompt another activation email to be sent. If you still do not receive the activation email then please contact us. Please bear in mind that you only have 24 hours to activate your account, the link will expire after this time and you will have to follow these instructions to generate another link.
To sign in you will need to use the email address and password that you entered when you created your account.
Before signing in for the first time you must activate your account by clicking on the link in the email that we sent you when you first created your account.
Go to the My Erewash sign In screen and click on ‘Forgot Password’. You'll receive an email from firstname.lastname@example.org, containing a link to change your password.
Yes you can with their permission. In order to link their accounts you'll need to have their Council Tax account number and/or benefit claim reference. Please note, we'll be unable to supply that information to you without written consent.
A benefit claim has to be in payment to be able to be registered. If you have applied for Housing Benefit or Council Tax Support through your account then you can view the progress in ‘track my requests’. You'll receive a confirmation email when your claim has been assessed and will then be able to link your claim.
Your Council Tax account needs to be live and open for you to be able to register. For security purposes, you are unable to register an account that has been closed. If you have recently moved and submitted a Change of Address form through your account, you can view the progress in ‘track my requests’.