Housing Services

The Council's Housing Services teams work to assist those in housing need.

What is the Council responsible for?

  • Preventing homelessness, and providing temporary homes to qualifying households if they do become homeless. We do this by working with tenants, housing associations (such as EMH Homes, private landlords and other organisations to help people stay in their home or find alternative housing.
  • Planning the types of homes needed to meet the housing needs of all Erewash residents. We do this by working with the Council's planners, housing associations, private developers and providers of funding, such as Homes England on the Gov.uk website.
  • Making sure that people live in homes that are safe, healthy, warm, of a good standard and suitable for them. We do this by enforcing legal minimum standards in private homes, and helping to adapt homes for people with disabilities by using the Disabled Facilities Grant
  • Working with local communities, voluntary organisations and others, such as Derbyshire County Council, to create plans and strategies for improving housing of all tenures within Erewash. This includes working to ensure that support is available to help people live independently, even if the Council doesn't provide this service directly itself. 

Need further help or information?

If you are already working with the team or you have a general enquiry and are not at risk of homelessness you can email This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

For out-of-hours emergency homeless assistance please phone Call Derbyshire on 01629 533 190.