Covid 19 (Coronavirus) Business Support
For more information regarding how the Government can provide additional business rate support to businesses in Erewash visit the Reductions page of our website.
The Erewash Golden Hello grant scheme offers support worth up to £1,250 for businesses re-opening formerly empty town centre shops in Ilkeston, Long Eaton and Sandiacre.
This grant scheme is managed by Erewash Partnership on behalf of the council. For further information and to apply for a grant please contact Erewash Partnership on 0115 946 8839 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
DE-Carbonise offers a comprehensive programme of assistance for SMEs seeking to reduce their carbon emissions. Your business could access various carbon reduction support tools. More information can be found on the University of Derby website or on the DE-Carbonise Flyer. Alternatively you can email the DE-Carbonise team to ask any questions you may have.
D2N2 Business Investment Fund
The Growth Hub have added to the portfolio of support that they offer in the form of an investment fund. This fund is available to help support small and medium sized enterprises. Grants of between £3,500 and £20,000 are available. For further information about the D2N2 Business Investment Fund please read the attached information leaflet. Alternatively please contact the D2N2 Growth hub on 0333 006 9178 or email email@example.com
Could an apprentice help grow and develop your business? SME's across Derbyshire could have their apprentice training costs paid for by Derbyshire County Council.
D2 Energy Efficiency Project
Derby City Council and Derbyshire County Council set up the D2EE Team to advise businesses, including those within Erewash, on how to be more energy efficient. Qualifying Erewash businesses can have up to 12 hours support, free of charge; this could include an audit, followed by a report, advice and data analysis.
Derbyshire Business Support Grant Scheme (DBSGS)
Erewash Borough Council works in partnership with Derbyshire County and City Councils to offer support, guidance and advice on funding that is available. Please see information below on some of the schemes available;
Funding towards Capital or Revenue projects with the aim of supporting businesses to, expand, evolve or relocate, helping to create increased investment, growth and job creation.
Funding will support improved productivity, technology, systems, supply chain and skills development within businesses.
• Minimum grant size £2K.
• Maximum grant size £50K.
• Maximum of 50% of the total eligible project costs.
• Grants available to Sole Traders, Partnerships and Limited companies (micro and SME businesses and start-ups) who pay or will pay business rates as part of the grant funded project.
• Capital and Revenue Funding subject to State Aid rules to include Capital Expenditure, relocation, fit out costs, R&D, Consultancy Costs, Training, Working Capital, Rental, staffing costs. (Exclusions subject to Officer and Panel discretion).
• Available to all sectors subject to State Aid rules and Investment Panel discretion.
• Fund to commence September 18 to run until 31st March 2020.
• Output measures to include :-
1. Turnover Growth or Profitability – ‘supporting firms to become more productive and competitive’ with agreed milestones.
2. Value of contracts awarded.
3. Diversification into new markets.
Other support available in Derby and Derbyshire
In addition to the fund there is a variety of support available, both nationally and locally, to help you run your business and to overcome challenges you might face. Please visit Derby City Councils Support for your business page.
• Travel to Work Area map (pdf, 2,400kb)