We have transferred our housing to EMH Homes

There are some things you can do to keep healthy and warm, a booklet has been produced by Derbyshire County Council.

How can I help staff?

When reporting a repair EMH Homes will need:

  • Your name and address

  • A contact telephone number

  • Access details to enable the repair to be inspected or carried out

  • A good description of what is wrong

  • Any special circumstances you have

  • Please note that no inspection or work will be carried out if there is only a child in the property.

When will my repair be carried out?

You can refer to your Tenants Handbook for more information about the repair priorities.

  • Emergency repairs - within 24 hours. Repairs that need to be done to prevent danger or extensive damage to the property

  • Routine Repair - within one calendar month.

Which repairs am I responsible for?

In general as a tenant you are responsible for keeping the property clean and in a reasonable decorative order and for any repairs for which we are not responsible.

For a full list of these repairs please refer to your Tenants Handbook.

Which repairs are EMH Homes responsible for?

The company is responsible for:

  • The structure and the exterior of the building

  • The fittings inside your home that we have installed including:

    • sinks

    • baths

    • toilet

    • basin and associated pipework

    • boilers

    • radiators

    • electrical wiring

    • sockets

    • switches

    • internal joinery

    • internal walls

    • floors and ceilings

    • Shared entrances, halls, stairways, lifts, passageways and any other common parts to flats.

How do I Report a Repair?

  • Telephone 0300 123 6000 - If you call outside EMH Homes' regular opening hours, you will be directed to their 'out of hours' service.

  • Visit their website at EMH Homes.

Housing Repairs - Other Housing Associations

If you are the tenant of a Housing Association other than EMH Homes.  Contact details can be found on the Finding a New Home.

Housing Repairs - Private Landlords

If you are the tenant of a  private landlord, please see the link to the Private Housing page.

Erewash Borough Council

Erewash Borough Council, Town Hall, Wharncliffe Road, Ilkeston, Derbyshire, DE7 5RP
0115 907 2244
DC Employer