Drug and alcohol misuse

Drug and alcohol misuse impacts on not only the people using them, but also their families and people around them. It also links to community safety concerns, as those using drugs or alcohol are more likely to be involved in other crime or anti-social behaviour.

If you think someone has taken drugs or alcohol and needs immediate medical assistance, or is putting themselves in danger, always call 999. Tell the operator everything you know about the person and what they have taken or seen; it might just save their life.

Erewash Borough Council, through the Community Safety Partnership (CSP) works with other partners to address alcohol related problems across Erewash. This includes working with Safer Derbyshire who co-ordinates and commissions drug treatment services and related activities to fulfil the aim of tackling substance misuse.

Derbyshire Recovery Partnership is the organisation that provides support to adults wanting help to reduce their alcohol or drug use. Contact them on:

- This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
- Phone them on 0124 620 6514
- Visit www.derbyshirerecoverypartnership.co.uk

For children and young people struggling with their own alcohol or drug use, CGL are commissioned to support young people across Derbyshire.

visit - www.changegrowlive.org
or Phone 01773 417 560

There is lots of support for anyone living in Derbyshire who is impacted upon by drugs or alcohol including those who want to talk to someone about their use, or people who are affected by other people’s use including young people. Please visit Derbyshire County Council for links.

FRANK is a national organisation which provides honest advice on drugs. Contact them on:

- 0300 123 6600
- Text 82111
- Message them on https://www.talktofrank.com/contact