Premises Applications

Where an individual or a company proposes to offer gambling at a premises for which an operating licence is required from the Gambling Commission, that individual or company will also need to apply for a premises licence from the local authority. 

See a list of all Gambling Act 2005 Premises Licences issued by Erewash.

The Gambling Commission

The Gambling Commission is responsible for issuing operating licences under the Gambling Act 2005 to organisations and individuals who are providing facilities for gambling.

It also issues personal licences to certain categories of people working in the gambling industry. The Commission requires key employees in certain management positions to hold a personal licence. More information is available on their website.

Except in the case of tracks (where the occupier of the track who holds the operating licence may not be the person who actually offers the gambling) premises licences may only be issued to people with a relevant gambling operating licence or who are in the process of applying for an operator's licence.

For example, to obtain a bingo premises licence the applicant must hold a bingo operating licence. Premises licences are only transferable to someone else holding a valid operating licence.

Premises Licence

Under the Gambling Act 2005 premises licences will be processed and granted by licensing authorities who may authorise the provision of facilities on:

  • Casino premises

  • Bingo premises

  • Betting premises, Including tracks

  • Adult gaming centres

  • Family entertainment centres.

Premises Licence Fees

The following application forms are available. Email: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

  • Premises Licence Application.

  • Premises Licence Variation Application.

  • Premises Licence Transfer Application.

  • Provisional Statement Application.

  • Reinstatement of a Premises Licence.

  • Review of a Premises Licence.

  • Responsible Authorities Addresses.

Please note that the 'Notices to Responsible Authorities' required by the Act, and the Notices for display at the relevant premises and for publication (if required), are attached to the various application forms for your convenience and use.

Further Information

For further advice or guidance on Gambling Act 2005 premises applications please contact the licensing department using the details below.

Licensing Office
Erewash Borough Council
Civic Centre
Derby Road
Long Eaton
NG10 1HU

Call: 0115 9071113
Fax: 0115 9071121