If you need help

Help is available through the Community Response Unit if you have no friends or family you can call on and:

  • you are self-isolating because you or a member of your household is at risk
  • you are struggling to meet your basic needs because of financial, social or health restrictions
  • you are pregnant
  • you have underlying health conditions
  • you are aged 70 or over.
  • We can help you with shopping, or fetching your prescription or finding someone to have a chat with.

If you need help you can use the help request form on the Derbyshire County Council website.

Or you can phone 01629 535091. The phone line opening hours are:

  • Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm
  • Saturday 9am to 1pm.
  • One of our approved partner volunteer organisations will be in touch with you as soon as possible to offer you the help you need.

Don’t give your bank details, bank card or PIN to anyone, and don’t give cash to anyone who is not part of this volunteer scheme or you already know.

Check that the person who comes to help you is from the voluntary organisation who contacted you.

NHS Volunteer Responders

Do you need help while self-isolating?

If you, or someone you know, needs a hand with collecting shopping or prescriptions, or just wants someone to talk to, NHS Volunteer responders (opens in a new window) can help.

Join the thousands of others throughout England who are already receiving support – even if it’s just for a friendly chat. Call 0808 196 3646.

Community Safety

The impact of the Coronavirus is being felt in our communities in many different ways, and will be personal to each individual, couple or family. There is still support out there for those that need it, and it is important that this is accessed if required.

More information can be found on our Community Safety support information during the COVID-19 Pandemic page.

Contacting the council 

Our contact centre is open from 8.30am to 5pm Monday to Thursday, 8.30am-4.30pm on Fridays. Call 0115 907 2244.

You can also use your My Erewash account (opens in a new window). account to view your council tax account and report any issues. 

Emergency contacts: 

There are a number of service areas, including social care, which operate an out-of-hours emergency contact service.
These can be found on the Derbyshire County Council emergency contacts page (opens in a new window).