Residents in Erewash can check if they are eligible for a Discretionary Housing Payment.

The scheme - funded by the Department for Work and Pension - offers assistance to those claiming Housing Benefit and those receiving the Housing Element within their Universal Credit award if it is demonstrated that they have a shortfall between the rent liability and the amount of benefit they receive.

For those in receipt of Council Tax Support, the Council may also be able to assist with outstanding Council Tax.

All applications are assessed based upon household Income/capital and essential expenditure. 

Please contact the Council on 0115 9071010 for further information or to make a claim. 

You can apply online using your My Erewash account.