Footprints Walking Festival 2018
15th - 30 September 2018
The Autumn Footprints Festival offers a great choice of 42 free guided walks from 15th – 30th September 2018.
Sixteen days of enjoyable walks and informative talks with something for everyone of all abilities.Download the guide here.
You can now discover West Park in a new way thanks to Derwent Valley Orienteer’s new map. Choose from short, medium and long courses to navigate your way through paths and woodland.
You can download a map here, or purchase a map for £1.25 from West Park Leisure Centre.
Walking for Health - FREE
Our local health walks provide low intensity walks which are suitable for people of all abilities. The walks are mostly on flat ground with no stiles to climb; the walks last for approximately 1 - 1.5 hours and are varied week by week. The walks are also suitable for people with a range of medical conditions which would benefit from increased physical activity levels. Your walk leader will make sure you walk at a pace that suits you. The walking groups are a great way to meet new friends and to discover the natural beauty of the areas we live in. And best of all it's free! Remember to wear sturdy flat shoes and bring a waterproof coat.
Walking for Health - Walks in Erewash
- 10am Long Eaton, Asda, meet by cash machines, 30-60 minutes
- 10.15am Monday Strollers, meet at Victoria Park Leisure Centre, 30-60 minutes
- 10.15am West Park Walkers, meet at West Park Leisure Centre, Long Eaton, 45-75 minutes
- 1.30pm West Hallam Health Walk - Moving on walk, meet outside the Dales Surgery, 90+ minutes
- 3.45pm West Hallam Health Walk - Beginners Walk - meet outside the Dales Surgery, up to 30 minutes
- 11am Arena Centre, Ilkeston - meet at the Arena Christian Centre, 30-60 minutes
- 10am Littlewick Medical Centre, Ilkeston, meet at the medical centre waiting room, up to 90 minutes, difficultly level intermediate to advanced.
- 10.15am Sandiacre Strollers - meet outside Sandiacre Library, 30 - 60 minutes
Please contact Amie Brown on 0115 907 22 44 ext 4324 or 07814487104.
Other Walks in Erewash
Find out about The Erewash Valley Trail, Nutbrook trail, family walks, challenge walks.
You can download one of our circular walks, challenge walks and trails leaflets below.
Get out there and explore beautiful Erewash!
More trails to follow
- The Nutbrook Trail
- No.14. The Cat and Fiddle Trail
- No. 8. The Millers Walk
- No. 5. The Squire's Walk
- No.6 The Whittlestone Walk
- No. 18. The Coalfield's Walk
- No. 13. The Navvy's Walk
- No.17. The Dragonfly Trail
- No. 10. Trent Meadow's Walk
- No. 3. The Miner's Walk
- No. 4. The Coffin Walk
- No. 15 The Farmer's Walk
- No. 1. The Hermit's Walk
- No. 7. The Roman's Walk
- No. 11. The Ranger's Walk
- No. 9. The Pack Horse Trail
- No. 2. Walk in the Clouds
- No. 20. The Bestwick Memorial Trail
- No. 21. The Lewis Wilson Memorial Trail
- No. 12. The Ryknild Trail
- No. 16. The Cranfleet Trail
- Family walks 1: Little Eaton Short Walks
- Family walks 4: West Hallam Short Walks
- Family walks 2: Ockbrook Short Walks
- Family walks 5: Stanley Short Walks
- Family walks 3: Risley Short Walks
- The Erewash Marathon Route
- Long Eaton Townscape Heritage Initiative - A self-guided walk around the town centre and lace factory conservation areas