Walking is a great way to explore the countryside, take up exercise and to get around. Why not check out our walks and trails. Erewash is the perfect place to explore for people of all abilities.
The following walks leaflets are downloadable documents:
- No 1 Hermits Walk (The footpaths close to the cave are slightly different from the leaflet - however it is obvious on the ground when you approach.)
- No 2 Walk in the Clouds
- No 3 The Miners Walk
- No 4 The Coffin Walk
- No 5 The Squires Walk
- No 6 The Whittlestone Walk (Temporarily Withdrawn)
- No 7 Romans Walk
- No 8 Millers Walk
- No 9 Pack Horse Trail
- No 10 Trent Meadows
- No 11 The Rangers walk
- No 12 The Rynknild Trail
- No 13 The Navvys Walk
- No 14 The Cat and Fiddle Trail
- No 15 The Farmers Walk
- No 16 The Cranfleet Trail
- No 17 The Dragonfly Trail
- No 18 The Coalfields Walk (Temporairly Withdrawn)
- No 19 Great Northern Walk (Withdrawn)
- No 20 The Bestwick Memorial Trail
- No 21 The Lewis Wilson Memorial Walk
Walking for Health - Free
Please note: All walks are suspended due to the COVID-19 pandemic until futher notice. Check back for regular updates.
Our local health walks provide low intensity walks which are suitable for people of all abilities. The walks are mostly on flat ground with no stiles to climb; the walks last for approximately 1 - 1.5 hours and are varied week by week. The walks are also suitable for people with a range of medical conditions which would benefit from increased physical activity levels. Your walk leader will make sure you walk at a pace that suits you. The walking groups are a great way to meet new friends and to discover the natural beauty of the areas we live in. And best of all it's free! Remember to wear sturdy flat shoes and bring a waterproof coat.
Walking for Health - Walks in Erewash
- 10am Long Eaton, Asda, meet by cash machines, 30-60 minutes
- 10.15am Monday Strollers, meet at Victoria Park Leisure Centre, 30-60 minutes.
- 10.15am West Park Walkers, meet at West Park Leisure Centre, Long Eaton, 45-75 minutes
- 1.30pm West Hallam Health Walk - Moving on walk, meet outside the Dales Surgery, 90+ minutes.
- 11am Arena Centre, Ilkeston - meet at the Arena Christian Centre, 30-60 minutes.
- 10.15am Sandiacre Strollers - meet outside Sandiacre Library, 30 - 60 minutes.
For more information please contact Daniel Whetton by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0115 907 22 44 ext 3963.