Exercise by Referral Scheme
The exercise by referral scheme aims to support people to live healthier lives across Derbyshire through decreasing physical inactivity and sedentary behaviour, by equipping individuals living with long term conditions with the knowledge, skills, confidence and self-efficacy to maintain long term physical activity behaviour change.
- People are eligible for the scheme if they meet all of the following criteria.
- Aged 19+ years
- Resident/registered GP in Derbyshire County
- Be inactive or sedentary, i.e. those doing less than 150 mins per week but primarily targeting those doing less than 30 minutes physical activity per week
- Have not previously completed the Derbyshire Health Referral Programme
- Have one or more of these conditions; Controlled respiratory disease, Controlled hypertension - systolic less than 180 / diastolic less than 100, Controlled diabetes type I or 2, Hyperlipidaemia, Diagnosed and stable mental health condition, Undergone NHS health check and identified with a Cardiovascular Disease risk of greater than 20%, Simple non-mechanical lower back pain, Osteoporosis, Rheumatoid arthritis / Osteoarthritis, Stroke or Transient Ischemic Attack or Cardiovascular Disease.
The programme includes a 1:1 meeting with a qualified gym instructor, a full gym induction where you will have an exercise plan developed and 12 weeks access to West Park Leisure Centre, Rutland Sports Park or Sandiacre Friesland Gym plus classes that are suitable. You can also access the pool facilities at West Park Leisure Centre and Victoria Park Leisure Centre.
Any medical professional can refer you on to the scheme and forms are available from Live Life Better Derbyshire.
For more information contact Amie Brown on 0115 907 2244 Ext 3962 or email email@example.com
Fibro Active is a support group for people with Fibromyalgia (FM) and Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (CFS) and their carers. It is a positive and inclusive group that focuses on healthy lifestyle, light exercise, support and sharing information as well as educating members about their condition and help them move forward with their acceptance and management of the illness.
Visit the Fibro Active website.