Register of Environmental Permits

Current Consultations

  • There are no current applications for consultation

Representations in respect of the application can be made to Environmental Health , Erewash Borough Council , Merlin House, Merlin Way , Ilkeston, DE7 4RA or by email to to be received by XX.

Environmental Permitting

The Environmental Permitting (England and Wales) Regulations 2016 provide a single regulatory framework covering:-

  •  Waste Management Licensing
  •  Pollution Prevention and Control
  •  Water Discharge Consenting
  •  Groundwater Authorisations, and
  •  Radioactive Substances Regulations

Local authorities regulate some of the facilities covered by these regulations, mostly to control emissions to air but also some processes with the potential to cause air, water and land pollution. They also have limited responsibilities relating to waste exemptions. Premises/processes falling under the regulations but not administered by local authorities will be controlled by The Environment Agency.

Local authority control has two regimes:-

Local Authority Pollution Prevention and Control (LAPPC)

This regulated processes with the potential to cause air pollution. Examples of processes in this category include waste oil burners, petrol filling stations, use of bulk cement, car resprayers and wood processors. Processes in this category are known as Part B processes.

Local Authority Integrated Pollution Prevention and Control (LA-IPPC)

This category covers more complex processes with the potential to cause pollution of air, water and land.  In general these processes are also larger than Part B’s. Processes in this category under local authority control are called A2’s. Similar processes which are regulated by the Environment Agency are called A1’s.

Who Needs a Permit?

The regulations are very complex and if you believe you may need a permit it would probably be best to discuss this with a member of the Environmental Protection Team.

If you require any further help or advice please contact Tel: 0115 9072244 Ext. 3820 or Email