The Council has transferred its housing to EMH Homes. Here is how to report a repair:

  • Call 0300 123 6000 - If you call outside EMH Homes' regular opening hours, you will be directed to their out-of-hours' service.

  • Visit its website at EMH Homes.

When reporting a repair EMH Homes will need:

  • Your name and address

  • A contact telephone number

  • Access details to enable the repair to be inspected or carried out

  • A clear description of what is wrong

  • Any special circumstances you have

  • Please note that no inspection or work will be carried out if there is only a child in the property.

When will my repair be carried out?

You can refer to your Tenants' Handbook for more information about the repair priorities.

  • Emergency repairs - within 24 hours. Repairs that need to be carried out to prevent danger or extensive damage to the property

  • Routine repair - within one calendar month.

Which repairs am I responsible for?

In general as a tenant you are responsible for keeping the property clean, in  reasonable decorative order and for any repairs for which your landlord is not responsible. For a full list of these repairs please refer to your Tenants' Handbook.

Which repairs are EMH Homes responsible for?

The company is responsible for:

  • The structure and the exterior of the building

  • The fittings inside your home that your landlord has installed including:

    • sinks

    • baths

    • toilet

    • basin and associated pipework

    • boilers

    • radiators

    • electrical wiring

    • sockets

    • switches

    • internal joinery

    • internal walls

    • floors and ceilings

    • Shared entrances, halls, stairways, lifts, passageways and any other common parts to flats.

Housing Repairs - Other Housing Associations

If you are the tenant of a housing association other than EMH Homes.  Contact details can be found on the Finding a New Home page.

Housing associations are subject to the same laws as private tenants but typically are more able to take swift action than smaller landlords. They are regulated by the Regulator of Social Housing, and have a Housing Ombudsman that considers complaints against them. 

Housing Repairs - Private Landlords

If you are the tenant of a  private landlord, please see the page entitled: "How to get your privately rented home repaired".

Erewash Borough Council

Erewash Borough Council, Town Hall, Wharncliffe Road, Ilkeston, Derbyshire, DE7 5RP
0115 907 2244
DC Employer