Renting a housing association home through Home Options:

The Council no longer owns any properties. All council housing was transferred in 2002, and is now owned by emh homes (EMH)

You can apply for housing with EMH, or other social landlords in the area online by visiting the Home Options Website. Alternatively you can contact EMH directly on 0800 389 8083, or any of the other 12 housing associations operating in Erewash (housing associations are sometimes known as Registered Providers (RPs).  

A list of the housing associations' properties by area and their contact details can be found below:

You can get more details about the housing associations through their websites. There are links on the Home Options  website.

The Council still retains its enabling role to ensure the housing needs of the Borough’s residents are met. This includes responsibility for:

  • Housing advice and homelessness

  • Determination of Housing Need

  • Development and implementation of housing policies and strategies

In addition, the Housing Team is responsible for private-sector housing and some home energy advice. This involves the provision of advice, information and enforcement of minimum standards in private housing including landlord and tenant issues, houses in multiple occupation and home energy efficiency advice.

Erewash Borough Council

Erewash Borough Council, Town Hall, Wharncliffe Road, Ilkeston, Derbyshire, DE7 5RP
0115 907 2244
DC Employer