The Animal Welfare (Licensing of Activities Involving Animals) (England) Regulations 2018 came into force on 1 October 2018. There are significant changes to the licensing regime. Please ensure you have all the required procedures detailed under 'supporting documents' below to submit with your application. A current licence will remain valid until the renewal date.
Please note - The first fee must be paid with your application for it to be processed. If your application is successful your licence will not be valid or issued until the second fee has been paid.
Your application will not be successful if you do not meet the licence conditions. You are advised to read the Animal Welfare (Licensing of Activities Involving Animals) (England) Regulations 2018.
Please ensure that you have the written operating procedures that are required by the licence conditions to include with your application. Your application should include the following documents:-
- A plan of the premises
- Details of public liability insurance policy (copy of certificate)
- Training policy for all staff (Schedule 2 Condition 4) and Training records and qualifications (copies)
- Procedures for Protection of Pain and Suffering (Schedule 2 Condition 9) covering
-the prevention of and control of the spread of disease,
-monitoring and ensuring the health and welfare of all the animals
-death or escape of an animal
- Emergency Plan (Schedule 2 Condition 10)
Please note:- We can only process your application if
- the form is completed in full
- all relevant information detailed in the application form is provided
- the intila fee has been paid.
Out of Scope
If you consider that you fall outside the scope of the licence requirements we will require evidence to support this position. More details can be found in the guidance notes above. Please contact us to discuss if you may be outside the scope of the Regulations.
Merlin House, Merlin Way, Ilkeston. DE74RA
Call 0115 907 2244 ext 3820