You are currently able to access your Council Tax and Housing Benefit/Council Tax Support details online. If you are already registered and have a username and password please select Existing Users Log In below.


Sign in / Register
My Erewash Login

Many changes have taken place within benefits due to the Welfare Reform Act of 2012. See below to find out more about how these changes may affect you.

Child Benefit

Child Benefit will be affected where a person has an individual income of over £50,000 and they or their partner receive Child Benefit. For further information please click on the following link Child Benefit Website.

Incapacity Benefit

Incapacity Benefit was replaced by Employment and Support Allowance. For further information please see the following link about Employment and Support Allowance.

Disability Living Allowance

For working age people, Disability Living Allowance will be replaced by Personal Independence Payment. There will be no automatic transfer from Disability Living Allowance to Personal Independence Payment the change will be made on a gradual basis. For further information please see the following link about Personal Independence Payments.

Tax Credits

Working Tax Credits has been removed for couples who work less than 24 hours a week. Tax Credit backdates have been reduced from 3 months to 1 month. For further information please see the following link about Tax Credits.

Pension Credit Qualifying Age

To find out the date from which you qualify, you can use the Pension Age Calculator.

Jobseekers Allowance Sanctions

The Government can now reduce or withdraw Jobseekers Allowance for up to 3 years for claimants who:

  • Lose their job because of misconduct

  • Voluntarily leave employment

  • Do not accept a job offer

  • Are not actively seeking work

  • Do not participate in mandatory work experience, Government employment with advisers at the Jobcentre.

Universal Credit

Universal Credit is being introduced in stages, however Post Codes served by the Ilkeston and Long Eaton Job Centres within Erewash will offer a Full Digital Universal Credit Service. All new applications from working age customers from this date should be for Universal Credit unless they fall into one of the exempt catergories, which are tenants in supported accommodation and those with 2 or more children.

If you are liable to pay rent and Council Tax at your address the housing costs will be included in your Universal Credit award which will be paid monthly and Council Tax Support should be claimed from the local authority. However Universal Credit full service is digital - which means everything has to be done online. The local authority can assist customers with their application for Universal Credit using their own devices or the computers in the receptions areas or use the computers themselves. Libraries also have computers which can be used by customers.

If you do not make a claim for Council Tax Support you will then be liable to meet the full Council Tax charge.

Once you are awarded Universal Credit you will be longer entitled to housing benefit from the local authority. Help towards paying your rent will be included in your Universal Credit payment.

Information on eligibility and how to make a claim can be found at website.

Derbyshire Discretionary Fund

Derbyshire County Council took on responsibility for administering local welfare provision for Derbyshire from the Department of Work and Pensions (DWP). The Derbyshire Discretionary Fund (DDF) replaces Community Care Grants and most of the scope of Crisis Loans. For more information on DDF please visit the Derbyshire County Council website.

 More information on Welfare Reform and the Advice and Support available can be located by clicking on the following agencies (will take you to their website).


cab11 DHA HOME OPTIONS National Debtline small 2810111

Erewash Borough Council

Erewash Borough Council, Town Hall, Wharncliffe Road, Ilkeston, Derbyshire, DE7 5RP
0115 907 2244
DC Employer