Household Support Fund

The household support fund (HSF) offers help to Derbyshire residents facing financial hardship by providing grants and other financial support.   

The money is provided to us by the Department for Work and Pensions.   

Following 3 previous allocations of HSF funding, a fourth was made available for use up to 31 March 2024.   

All payments and financial support provided by the fund have to be awarded before the fund closed at the end of March 2024.  

The Department for Work and Pensions have announced a further Household Support Fund award to cover the period April 2024 to September 2024 and we will share information about how this will be distributed in the coming weeks.   

In the meantime, emergency financial help and support is available from the Derbyshire Discretionary Fund, which can award eligible residents up to 3 emergency cash payments (ECP) over 12 months.

Please visit Household Support Fund or Cost of Living Campaign for further information.

Local Funding

Some of the funding has been provided to Erewash Borough Council to be used to support vulnerable households facing hardship.

There is no need to apply as eligible applicants will be identified using existing data or through referrals from partners such as Citizens Advice Bureau or Derbyshire Community Bank.

If you receive Housing Benefit or the Housing Element in Universal Credit you can apply for Discretionary Housing Payments using your My Erewash account.

Are you threatened with Homelessness?

Erewash Borough Council has specialist Housing Options Officers whose role is to try and get involved at an early stage to work with those people who are in housing crisis and who may be in fear of losing their home.

Housing Support Services in Erewash

There are a number of services in Erewash which help to support people to live more independently and maintain their accommodation.

A full list of support services in Erewash can be found on the Erewash Directory of Support Services.

Referrals to supported housing can be made, where appropriate, by the Housing Options Team or other organisations.

Many of these services are co-ordinated and funded by the Derbyshire Accommodation and Support Team at the county council. There is a directory of all Derbyshire housing-related support schemes on the Derbyshire County Council website.