Furnishing your Home

Getting started in your new home can be expensive. There are a number of organisations who may be able to help you manage the cost.

Derbyshire Discretionary Fund

Derbyshire County Council is responsibile for administering local welfare provision for Derbyshire from the Department of Work and Pensions. The Derbyshire Discretionary Fund has now replaced Community Care Grants and most of the scope of Crisis Loans. If you would like more information on the DDF please visit the Derbyshire County Council website.

Erewash Credit Union

A Credit Union is a financial co-operative which operates like a community bank. It doesn't make a profit from the services it provides to its members. When you join ECU you can have a say on how it is run and attend and vote at the Annual General Meeting.
ECU may be able to help with small loans to help set up your home. If you would like further information about Erewash Credit Union please telephone 0115 9329 493 or visit Derbyshire Community Bank.

SALCARE Furniture Project

The project collects items of furniture free of charge.
Open Monday to Thursday from 8.30am to 3.30pm and Friday from 8.30am to 3pm.
Referals can be made via the Housing Options Team or you can telephone Salcare directly on 01773 764562.