Community Premises DPS

Where can it be used?

Community premises that are or form part of a church hall, chapel hall or other similar building or a village hall, parish hall or community hall or other similar building.

There will be no requirement for a Designated Premises Supervisor or for alcohol sales to be authorised by a personal licence holder.

How to apply

A community premises application may only be made if the licence holder is a committee or board of individuals with responsibility for the management of the premises.  If such an application is successful, the effect of the alternative licence condition will be that the licence holder is responsible for the supervision and authorisation of all alcohol sales made pursuant to the licence.  All such sales will have to be made or authorised by the licence holder.

When can it be used?

To remove the need for a Designated Premises Supervisor when:

  • Applying to remove an existing condition
  • Making a new application
  • Applying to vary a premises licence.

Application Process

  • Application – copy to Licensing Authority & copy to police
  • Fee of £23 if existing premises
  • Only police may object – Hearing if required

Where the management committee of a community premises is applying for authorisation for the sale of alcohol for the first time, it should include the form with the new premises licence application or the premises licence variation application.  No extra payment is required beyond the existing fee for a new application or a variation.

Where a community premises already has a premises licence to sell alcohol, but wishes to include the alternative licence condition in place of the usual mandatory conditions under the Licensing Act 2003 Act, it should submit the form on its own together with the required fee.  The work required to process such an application is expected to be similar to that required for the process of an application for a variation of a Designated Premises Supervisor.

Regulation Summary

Licensing Act 2003

Home Office

Further Information

Licensing Section
Erewash Borough Council
The Civic Centre
Derby Road
Long Eaton
NG10 1HU

Call: 0115  9071113
Fax: 0115 9071121
Email: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.


Licensing Section
Derbyshire Police
South Division Headquarters
Prime Park Way
Chester Green

Call: 0300 1225860
Fax 0300 1227737
Email: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.