Wherever you want to get to in Erewash, walking can be the best choice for shorter journeys. Many of the borough's key amenities and sites can be reached at reasonable walking pace within 15 minutes, or combined with using public transport.
Research suggests just 20 minutes' daily moderate exercise boosts both physical and mental health - so 'active' travel has extra benefits on top of being the cheapest form of transport.
One step at a time ... more information
- Walk safely with tips at Derby & Derbyshire Road Safety Partnership
- Enjoy a walk in Erewash in a group with the varied free health walks in Erewash
- Use the Erewash Trail spanning from Trent Lock to Langley Mill, with points of historical interest and wildlife spots en route
- Explore the Nutbrook Trail - a former railway line which conveniently links sites from Long Eaton to Heanor
- Plan your commute using Living Streets
- For longer walks join Erewash Ramblers
- Enjoy Autumn Footprints - the area's annual walking festival
- For ideas and inspiration see Sustrans