Travelling by train can be convenient and quick, as well as contributing towards reducing carbon emissions arising from vehicle journeys. Erewash borough is served by two rail stations: Long Eaton and Ilkeston - with the latter re-opening after a fifty year gap in service.
Use Long Eaton station for trains to Derby, Nottingham, Lincoln and London. For Nottingham, Chesterfield and onwards to Sheffield, use Ilkeston station - and enjoy these benefits:
- Reliable, frequent services
- Links at the stations with local bus services
- Readily available journey information at the stations or online
- Secure cycle storage on-site
- Reasonable priced parking
For regular users, rail cards can significantly reduce the cost of rail travel. Depending upon use, the current choice includes: